PRE now core member CharIN
Power Research Electronics INC/B.V. (PRE power developers) develops and produces power modules for EV Charging. Many manufacturers of charging stations have put their trust in the proven knowledge and technology of PRE. PRE’s power modules are applied at CHAdeMO as well as CSS fast and bi-directional (V2G) chargers and energy storage systems. The CharIN membership gives PRE immediate access to the latest CCS standards. Furthermore, PRE wishes to help improve future standards by sharing their knowledge.
DC fast charging modules since 2009
Since 1988 PRE develops and produces power electronics. From 2009 onwards, PRE is actively involved in the EV charging market with their power modules. A lot of experience has been acquired when it comes to electronic security, user behaviour, EMC, reliability and lifetime. There is also a lot of knowledge regarding the necessity of applying standards such as ‘class B compliant’ products and the IP65 protection degree for chargers. With this knowledge and experience PRE hopes to help this market further along.
EVSE PRE Charger Modules
PRE develops and produces AC // DC power modules and DC // DC power modules as well as bidirectional (V2G/V2H) power modules. The AC // DC power modules vary from 6 kW to 15 kW. These modules can be connected in series and in parallel to reach 1000V DC and 350 kW. They are also suited for Ionity.
For charging parks the 25 kW DC // DC power module has been developed. These modules are suitable for large charging parks with a 650 tot 1300 V DC input. Because of the compact size, high efficiency and galvanic isolation the module can be used in small charging stations, charging stalls or charging cabinets.
V2G Module with solar option.
PRE is proud to work on a commercial V2G loading station for the American and European markets. The recently developed 10 kW bi-directional AC // DC module attracts a lot of international attention. The V2G module has a solar (PV) option with a connection to 10kWp. This technology makes it possible to connect up to 10kWp. This technology creates the possibility to charge an electric vehicle without using the AC net. This innovative architecture reduces energy and costs by evading conversion losses. It also creates extra features like back-up power. In 2018 PRE won the IDTechEx Show! Award for ‘Most Significant Innovations for Electric Vehicles.’
EV Home / Office Chargers, Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and SmartGrid Solutions (V2G, V2X)
10kW V2G Charger Module with PV Input (3 Phase)
6kW V2H Charger Module with PV Input (Single Phase)
Contact PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
Power Research Electronics b.v.
4817 ZK Breda
T +31 (0) 76 58 11 077
F +31 (0) 76 58 11 237
ABOUT PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
* Power Research Electronics BV (PRE) is a privately owned company in The Netherlands, working under the name PRE power developers.
* PRE power developers is an independent supplier of EV Charger Modules and Power Electronic Technology for the European and US market.
* In 2002 the main field of work was PV solar inverters, standalone inverters and battery BMS.
* As of 2008 PRE is active in DC fast charging technology and a technology provider for charger companies.
* Since 2012 PRE is working on solutions for the energy transition, where EV’s, renewable solar/wind energy, self driving – shared cars and battery storage will play an important role in the secure and cost effective supply of electrical energy.