PRE Charges UoN Superbike (University of Nottingham's Superbike)
Following the University of Nottingham's success in 2018, the electric Superbike team starts the 2019 season with high hopes. In 2018 rider Daley Mathison became the first to ride an electric bike and win a race on a mixed short circuit grid. Furthermore the UoN Superbike came second at the Isle of Man TT, beating the old course record. In 2019 the team set some new and ambitious goals. PRE supports the team with a special charger for this Superbike.
Win the Isle of Man TT Zero
The goals for 2019 are to win the Isle of Man TT Zero and set a class record at Pikes Peak international hill climb. The secondary aim is to demonstrate the capability of electric technology in real world scenarios as well as showing a number of young engineers how to apply the theory in a realistic setting, namely the real world.
PRE Charging System
When building the Superbike, the team was always on the lookout for the best partners. To be able to charge the Superbike, they found a partner in PRE.
Louis Flanagan (University of Nottingham): “The PRE charging system was chosen as we were after a rugged and capable charging system that would work for us in the wide variety of different situations we found ourselves in. It has the capability to work in three phase as well as single phase supplies and will charge the motorcycle at up to 22kW. PRE were excited to be part of the project and to become involved in the next generation of engineers and electric powertrains and as such it is a perfect fit for the project.”
PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
EV Charger Modules
Since 2009 PRE is a well known Power Module supplier for OEM (charger) companies. Our customers provide DC Fast Charging solutions all over the world. PRE is your partner for a FULL range of DC EV Charger Modules, with unique USP’s.
1) proven reliable products, installed base of more than 10.000 modules
2) compliant with CCS and CHAdeMO and latest environmental standards for acoustic noise levels
3) future proof, including V2G/V2H and 1000V DC ultra fast charging.
PRE Charger modules - product range (EV Fast Charging stations, EV Fast Charging parks and V2G/V2H solutions).
PRE power developers is an engineering company with specialists in power electronics and embedded software. PRE offers reference design for various kind of chargers. For example:
DC Wallbox for home/office fast charging (25kW)
All-in-one chargers (up to 150kW, multiple outputs)
Charger parks (up to 5MW)
Invisible (under the ground) chargers
The PRE engineering team support customers on topics like: cooling, water/dust proof designs, Safety/EMC/CCS/CHAdeMo certification, charge controllers, etc.
PRE Engineering Services
CONTACT PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
Power Research Electronics b.v.
4817 ZK Breda
T +31 (0) 76 58 11 077
F +31 (0) 76 58 11 237
ABOUT PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
* Power Research Electronics BV (PRE) is a privately owned company in The Netherlands, working under the name PRE power developers.
* PRE power developers is an independent supplier of EV Charger Modules and Power Electronic Technology for the European and US market.
* In 2002 the main field of work was PV solar inverters, standalone inverters and battery BMS.
* As of 2008 PRE is active in DC fast charging technology and a technology provider for charger companies.
* Since 2012 PRE is working on solutions for the energy transition, where EV’s, renewable solar/wind energy, self driving – shared cars and battery storage will play an important role in the secure and cost effective supply of electrical energy.