FLEXGRID Research project: PRE Develops a V2H charger module for DC smart home
Now that we have completed the award winning 'solar powered V2G EV charger' research project, it is time for the next phase: The FLEXGRID project. The goal of the FLEXGRID project is to enable operational flexibility of distribution networks using residential energy storage and demand. For this project PRE will develop a multiport converter with multi-directional power flow, enabling vehicle2home (V2H charging) and battery2home. With the multiport technology we are able to charge both the EV and the home battery as well as control the energy between the batteries. This will enable a whole new way of 'home charging'. For example with less sunny days you can charge the home battery with your EV. This converter is acting as the electric heart of the DC smart home.
The higher participation of decentralized generation and storage devices working on DC, like photovoltaic cells, fuel cells, batteries, and electric vehicles, brings new opportunities for the built environment. Connecting DC sources and storage via a DC network lowers investment costs and increases efficiency.
Besides the converter also a power and energy management system will be developed, that will optimize the use of storage, appliances, and renewable energy. In this way, the project will facilitate the introduction of efficient low-voltage DC networks for smart buildings.
Together with Alfen, Stedin and Delft University of Technology, PRE power developers participates in the FLEXGRID Research project (A TKI Urban Energy Project).
PRE will inform the market about this project on Facebook and LinkedIn.
For more information of this project, please visit:
TKI Urban Energy
Delft University of Technology
PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
EV Charger Modules
Since 2009 PRE is a well known Power Module supplier for OEM (charger) companies. Our customers provide DC Fast Charging solutions all over the world. PRE is your partner for a FULL range of DC EV Charger Modules, with unique USP’s.
1) proven reliable products, installed base of more than 10.000 modules
2) compliant with CCS and CHAdeMO and latest environmental standards for acoustic noise levels
3) future proof, including V2G/V2H and 1000V DC ultra fast charging.
PRE Charger modules - product range (EV Fast Charging stations, EV Fast Charging parks and V2G/V2H solutions).
PRE power developers is an engineering company with specialists in power electronics and embedded software. PRE offers reference design for various kind of chargers. For example:
DC Wallbox for home/office fast charging (25kW)
All-in-one chargers (up to 150kW, multiple outputs)
Charger parks (up to 5MW)
Invisible (under the ground) chargers
The PRE engineering team support customers on topics like: cooling, water/dust proof designs, Safety/EMC/CCS/CHAdeMo certification, charge controllers, etc.
CONTACT PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
Power Research Electronics b.v.
4817 ZK Breda
T +31 (0) 76 58 11 077
F +31 (0) 76 58 11 237
ABOUT PRE POWER DEVELOPERS
* Power Research Electronics BV (PRE) is a privately owned company in The Netherlands, working under the name PRE power developers.
* PRE power developers is an independent supplier of EV Charger Modules and Power Electronic Technology for the European and US market.
* In 2002 the main field of work was PV solar inverters, standalone inverters and battery BMS.
* As of 2008 PRE is active in DC fast charging technology and a technology provider for charger companies.
* Since 2012 PRE is working on solutions for the energy transition, where EV’s, renewable solar/wind energy, self driving – shared cars and battery storage will play an important role in the secure and cost effective supply of electrical energy.